KanAm Grund Group
Independent – International – Innovative – Professional
Frankfurt-based KanAm Grund Group is comprised of three companies. In addition to the Asset Management Company KanAm Grund Real Estate Asset Management GmbH & Co. KG it also encompasses two investment companies respectively under the supervision of the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht – BaFin): KanAm Grund Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft mbH for private investors and KanAm Grund Institutional Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft mbH for institutional investors.
Established in October 2000, the KanAm Grund Group has generated a transaction volume of over 31 billion USD in real estate since its inception. Staff in Frankfurt am Main and in its international offices in Paris, Luxembourg and Atlanta have together gained many years of experience in the field of real estate investments. Over the past 17 years, the investment focus has been on high-quality properties in major international cities such as Paris, London, Washington, D.C. and Toronto. The KanAm Grund Group benefits in this context from its global network spanning strategically important locations. In addition, the independence of the KanAm Grund Group means it enjoys a special position which enables it to pursue an investment strategy in the best interest of investors. International institutional investors also increasingly take advantage of this and engage the assistance of the KanAm Grund Group as a fund, portfolio and asset manager to invest and administer their assets in German, European and American properties.
Since 2000 – Innovation is our Trademark
Strategy and Management
- First private real estate investment company in Germany (group independence)
- First provider of exclusive international open-end real estate funds in Germany
- Originator of the CashCall strategy for open-end real estate funds
- First ever 100% tax exemption for dividends from open-end real estate funds
- Involvement in the German reform of legislation governing open-end real estate funds (KAGB*)
- Multiple awards for management performance, transparency and innovation
- KanAm grundinvest Fonds: first open-end real estate fund in Germany invested exclusively abroad and with a 100-% tax exemption for dividends.
- KanAm US-grundinvest Fonds: first and only open-end real estate fund invested exclusively in North America and based on the US dollar.
- KanAm SPEZIAL grundinvest Fonds: mutual fund with special fund character for institutional investors.
- LEADING CITIES INVEST: first new generation open-end fund following KAGB* to focus on leading international cities.
- KanAm Grund Europa: first special real estate fund licensed for distribution following KAGB* with a focus on Germany and Europe.
* Kapitalanlagegesetzbuch (KAGB), the capital investment code in force since July 2013
KanAm Grund Group Memberships
Managing Shareholder at KanAm Grund REAM
«The independence of KanAm Grund REAM ensures that it enjoys a special position in the market. It enables the realization of a globally oriented investment strategy for investors and the achievement of optimum market conditions.»